Social Services Department
New Milford Social Services Staff
- Ivana Butera, LMSW; Director
- Sarah Geary, MSW; Social Worker
- Maria De Oliveira, MSW; Social Worker
- Monika Roberts; Office Coordinator
To donate to Social Services, please click here.
New Milford Social Services assists residents with their social, emotional and economic needs. Services extend to helping people meet the basic human needs of food, shelter, clothing, and maintenance of health and well-being.
Income eligibility is determined by a professional social worker. Most programs require an interview with a staff person.
Proof of household income and residence in New Milford will be required. Please call for an appointment and a list of required documents. This department assists residents under age 60.
What's Happening at NM Social Services!
1. Registration for the holidays is still going on. Deadline is November 8th. Registration forms can be found at our office. Please bring in proof of residency and household income if you have not met with a social worker within 2019.
2. ACCESS HEALTH has started open enrollment and will continue until December 15th. We are fortunate to have Tiger's Eye Insurance here on the following days to assist with online enrollment and plan options. They will be at our office from 10am-2pm on Monday, 11/4; Thursday 11/7; Thursday 11/14; Monday 11/18; & Thursday 11/21. Walk-ins and appointments accepted. For a list of documentation you can stop in our office or call Ericka at (475)-206-1700 or Laura at (203) 947-1716.
3. "When You're A Parent...Again" : An evening support group for grandparents and other relatives raising children; meets monthly (childcare and dinner are included). Usually meeting every 2nd Thursday of the month and facilitated by our social worker, Sarah Geary. Please refer to our newsletter or call our office for specific dates and times.
4. Donations for the New Milford Food Bank are welcomed all year long Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4pm and Fridays 8:30am-2pm. Please refer to the Food Bank link for health choice items and our "Paper Bag Challenge". We also accept fresh produce from local gardeners (Monday-Thursday morning); we are registered with the Ample Harvest.org Campaign at www.AmpleHarvest.org .
2 Pickett District Road
New Milford, CT 06776
Phone: (860) 355-6079
Fax: (860) 355-6019
Office hours: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (limited office hours on Fridays after 2:30pm)
[Archived Newsletters & Annual Reports]
<ACTION ALERT>> “TO LISTEN, TO ADVOCATE, TO EMPOWER”
- Part of our mission is to encourage people to get informed, read, and learn about changes in policies that may affect one’s life, the life of their family or that of their neighbors and community.
If you know someone who has been helped by any health and human services programs and are worried about cuts or changes to programs, help them speak out. Make a call to your US Representative and Senator. Tell them their story- and yours!
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
State Senator Craig Miner 860-240-8800
State Representative Bill Buckbee 800-842-1423
White House Switchboard: 202-456-1414
US Representative Jahanna Hayes 202-225-4476
US Senator Chris Murphy 202-224-4041
US Senator Richard Blumenthal 202-224-2823
(you will speak to one their aides, and they will get your message to our representative)