Building Official: William Murphy
Assistant Building Official: Shawn Murphy
Building Technician: Donna Murphy
The Building Department is responsible for the following tasks:
All permitting is done online. Follow the "Online Permits" link on this page. Required plans and documents can be uploaded directly to your permit. You can pay the permit fee online or mail in a check.
- Reviews construction plans for compliance with the Connecticut State Building Code for all residential, commercial and municipal projects and issues necessary permits.
- Determines when licensed design professionals are required.
- Reviews architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, alarm, sprinkler plans, and ADA handicapped accessibility
- Determines what construction inspections and procedures are required
- Monitors the project while under construction
- Performs a final inspection
- Issues a Certificate of Occupancy
May 2022 Building Permits
April 2022 Building Permits
New Milford Town Hall
10 Main Street
New Milford, CT 06776
Office hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm