Department of Health
Director of Health: Lisa Morrissey, M.P.H
The mission of the New Milford Health Department is to maintain a healthy environment and promote community health for the citizens of the Town of New Milford. We are working to meet this goal by providing a wide range of programs and services including enforcement of the Connecticut Public Health Code and local ordinances. Some of the services we provide include the following:
- Organizing emergency response with other town agencies and volunteers.
- Reviewing and approving septic systems and well installation and repairs.
- Reviewing and approving renovations and additions that may impact the septic system and/or well.
- Inspection of food service establishments.
- Educating the public about health concerns and providing health clinics and screenings.
- Sponsoring the annual Household Hazardous Waste Day.
- Testing of possible rabid animals.
- Testing of ticks for Lyme Disease.
- Addressing any health complaints from residents.
Click here to sign up for (4) free COVID-19 test kits
Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Here’s what you need to know about your order:
- Limit of one order per residential address
- One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- Orders will ship free starting in late January
At-Home COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit Information:
Click here to report an At-Home COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit result.
Click here to know "What to Do If You Test Positive".
Click here to know "What to Do If You Test Negative".
NEWS YOU CAN USE:
CDC Shortens Quarantine Period - 12/27/2021
COVID-19 Booster approved for Teens 16-17
Asthma Information (click here for English) (click here for Spanish)
Traveling and need Immunizations? (click on link for info)
NEW: CT Adopts FDA Code (click on link for more info)
Nail, Massage and Beauty Salon Warning
PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT
Current and reliable information about COVID-19 may be found at the following websites:
John Pettibone Community Center - Ridgewood Diagnostic Laboratories
CT DPH State Statues: