The Town of New Milford has formed a Sustainability Fund.
The New Milford Sustainability Fund’s purpose is to help alleviate the economic consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on New Milford residents, small businesses and first responders.
If you would like to donate to this fund, you can donate by clicking the donate button below or mail a check made out to the Town of New Milford to Mayor’s Office, 10 Main Street, New Milford, CT 06776. Please put Sustainability Fund in the memo line.
If you want your donation to be applied to one of the areas of focus listed
above, please note that on the memo line also.
The three mainareas of focus for this fund:
- First Responders – Most in New Milford are volunteers. These funds could be critical should a first responder contract the virus while serving our community. They may need temporary housing, food or other basic financial assistance.
- Food Insecurity - Across Connecticut we lost 25% of all our jobs in just the first 5 weeks of the pandemic. We suspect the job loss here is even greater. New Milford Social Services reports:
- Visits to the food bank are up almost 30%
- Receives 15-20 requests/day inquiring about basic needs i.e., food, diapers, heating assistance, etc.
- Helping citizens pay off cable bills to make distance learning possible
The Fund would help allocate funds to increase farm production within New Milford to provide fresh, nutritious food to our citizens.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Social distancing protocols are expected to be in force for an extended period.
Our citizens, especially our vulnerable population to this virus, will require masks and other PPE. This fund will help those who require assistance to obtain their PPE.
*All donations are federally tax deductible.
*Funds will be allocated by approval of New Milford Town Council
*For more information, contact Chris Cosgrove at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 585-415-8506.*For more information, contact Chris Cosgrove at email@example.com or call 585-415-8506.