Welcome to New Milford Public Works
Provide top quality, professional, effective, and timely services to residents, businesses and internal customers.We do this by focusing on relationships with ourselves and our customers, and on customer service and satisfaction, thus improving our image and maintaining the community's trust. To support and enhance a high quality of life for the Town’s residents, businesses and visitors by providing well planned, environmentally sensitive, cost effective infrastructure and services to promote public health, personal safety, transportation, economic growth and civic vitality.
Burning Bush-beautiful to look at but a foreign invasive plant. Read all about it.
Click here for the entire presentation of the TAP Route 7 Sidewalk project.
Click HERE for the Zoom presentation for this project as well. Comments regarding this project will be received until November 11, 2020.
Our Facilities Maintenance Division is looking for a Temporary Facilities Tech II. See job description to apply.
This email is being sent to inform the Town of New Milford that the Contract required Nightly Bridge Closures of Bridge Street (U.S. Route 202 / Route 67: Bridge #00901) will begin again on Sunday, September 27, 2020. The Nightly Bridge Closures are currently scheduled to be completed on Friday, October 02, 2020. Note: subcontractor scheduling, material availability and weather related issues may extend these closures further into the first week of October. Advanced notice will be provided if additional Bridge Closures are necessary.
Please forward this notice to all possibly affected Emergency Services.
- Scheduled Date: Nightly, beginning Sunday 27, 2020 through October 02, 2020.
- Scheduled Times: 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m., weather permitting.
- Closure Location: Bridge Street (U.S. Route 202 / Route 67: Bridge #00901).
- Closure Type: Full Bridge Closure.
- Traffic Duty: None.
- Detour Route (see attached PDF file):
- Route 7, SB to Route 202/67, EB (cars only): Route 7, SB to Boardman Road to Housatonic Avenue to Young’s Field Road to Route 202/67, EB.
- Route 7, SB to Route 202/67, EB (trucks): Route 7, SB to Still River Street/Grove Street to Route 202/67, EB.
- Route 7, NB to Route 202/67, EB: Route 7, NB to Still River Street/Grove Street to Route 202/67, EB.
- Route 202/67, WB to Route 7, NB: Route 202/67, WB to Young’s Town Road to Housatonic Avenue to Boardman Road to Route 7, NB.
- Route 202/67, WB to Route 7, SB: Route 202/67, WB to Grove Street/Still River Street to Route 7, SB.
- Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Devices:
- Approximately forty (40) Construction/Detour Sign locations have been previously installed. These signs will be uncovered and re-covered on a nightly basis.
- Three (3) Changeable Message Signs will be utilized for advanced warning. These VMS Signs were reactivated on September 24, 2020 and will be active throughout the entire Bridge Closure period. The signs will be located at:
- Route 7, NB: prior to Still River Street / Grove Street.
- Route 7, SB: prior to Boardman Road.
- Route 202/67 WB @ Town of New Milford Green.
- Type III Construction Barricades will be installed on either side of Bridge #00901.
- Sidewalk Closed Signs will be installed on either side of Bridge #00901.
- Police Trafficperson Detail will be scheduled by the Prime Contractor (Rotha Contracting). Two (2) Officers will be scheduled from 2000 hours – 2400 hours to assist in the installation of the Bridge Closure.
This email is being sent as a courtesy to the Town of New Milford according to the Minutes of the Preconstruction Meeting for Project #0095-0254.
HERE is the Detour Map.
Due to the drought conditions: Please see THIS announcement from the Fire Marshal
Household Hazardous Waste Day in Brookfield
Thank you as we improve our town's infrastructure.
Recycling Center Update!
As of today, 3/24/2020, the Center will accept the following ONLY:
*house hold trash IN BAGS
*Salvation Army donations, which you must place in the bin yourself
IF you are elderly or need aid, stay in your car and the Center personnel will come to you. Credit Card payments will be completed without a signature until further notice.
Thank you for helping us Flatten the Curve.
Please view our Municipal Facebook page for additional updated information: https://m.facebook.com/NMPWD/
Due to changing conditions, we utilize our facebook page to provide timely updates.
About power restoration, Eversource can be reached at 1-800-286-2000.
A reminder to homeowner's about the ROW and PERMITS - here is the link to Right of Way Permits ROW Permit Effective today 10/13/17, Town Council approved the ordinance to collect a fee for Driveway Permits. Attached is the ordinance and fee schedule.
Transportation Management Plan from 2013 which identifies several solutions to help alleviate traffic congestion in the downtown area and Grove St/Still River Dr corridor.
Scan this to get Public Works Website on your smart phone.
Everyday we have multiple crews out in different parts of town (For reference, the Town owns 212 miles of road(~186 miles of paved road and ~27 miles of gravel) consisting of ~370 town roads, 34 bridges over 20 feet in length, 24 bridges under 20 feet in length, and 2 over railroad tracks).
For other Town Departments, please click Webpage and Telephone Directory
The New Milford Public Works Department consists of five different divisions